Celebrating 175 years of Patek Philippe
Across the world, watch-lovers united this week to celebrate Patek Philippe’s very special birthday – 175 years of watchmaking.
The brand marked the special occasion with the release of their very limited-edition 175th anniversary timepiece – the Grandmaster Chime.
PATEK PHILIPPE’S 175TH ANNIVERSARY TIMEPIECE – THE GRANDMASTER CHIME.
The watch was presented by Thierry Stern, the fourth generation of the Patek Philippe family.
He highlighted the following key facts about this anniversary watch:
- It took 8 years to develop
- The movement has 1,366 components, including three gongs and three hammers, plus 20 complications and 2 dials
- It is 47mm in diameter
- It is 16.1mm thick
- The case has an incredible 214 parts.
Amazingly only SEVEN of these watches will be produced worldwide – six will be sold to top clients, while one will be kept in the Patek Philippe Museum in Geneva, Switzerland.
THE PATEK PHILIPPE MUSEUM, WHERE ONE OF THESE €2MILLION WATCHES WILL BE KEPT.
Other fun facts about the watch:
- It will cost a whopping €2million to buy
- It took 60,000 hours to produce
- It took 100,000 for the team to assemble all seven of the Grandmaster Chime watches.
All in all, a fitting celebration and a beautiful birthday present from Patek Philippe to the world!
Edwards, Lowell is the exclusive distributor of Patek Philippe in Malta. To view our Patek Philippe collection, please visit our boutiques at 6, St George’s Road, Spinola Bay, St Julian’s and 6/7, Zachary Street, Valletta.